Native American Home Buyer Programs

FHLB/Woodlands National Bank - Native American Homeowners Initiative Grant

Native Americans enlisted in federally recognized tribes have the potential to get financial help towards homeownership. This grant of up to $10,000 can be used towards the down payment, closing costs and can even be used for needed rehab on the property. This grant is income restrictive.

The direct lender and underwriting must be done in Onamia, Minnesota.

The Woodlands National Bank also offers mortgage insurance to qualified borrowers up to 95% of the purchase price which leaves only 5% for down payment and the necessary closing costs (not paid by the seller).


  • Must be a Native American in a federally recognized tribe.
  • Up to $10,000 in a grant towards the down payment and closing costs.
  • Direct lender and underwriting must be done in Onamia, MN.

Citizen Potawatomi Nation Housing Authority Down Payment & Closing Cost Assistance Grant

This one time grant is for Native Americans, with the CPN tribal members with the highest priority. Any CPN member living in the United States may apply for this grant. Native Americans must live within the tribal jurisdiction, need to be 60 or older and fall within the 80% National Income Limit. The maximum grant under this program is $2,125. No mobile homes qualify for this grant. In order to be considered, applications much be turned in at least three weeks prior to the property closing and cannot be submitted later than 30 days after the date of closing. Applications outside this window will not be considered.


  • Must be Native American - priority on CPN tribal members.
  • Must be 60 or older.
  • All applicants must live within the tribal jurisdiction.
  • Mobile homes not eligible.
  • Max grant is $2,125.

Confederated Tribes of Siletz Indians Down Payment Assistance Program

This program is meant to encourage home ownership for Tribal Members of the Confederated Tribes of Siletz Indians (CTSI). Down payment assistance is given to below median income households. This program is featured in Minnesota, but this is also a nationwide program.  

The CTSI is offering forgivable grants of $15,000 to help applicants with down payment and closing cost assistance towards the acquisition of a home. The total balance of the conditional grant will be forgiven after five years if the home is the principal residence. Applicants are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.

Applicants must be an enrolled member of the CTSI and must be first time homebuyers (never owned a home or owned a home within the past three years). The total gross income of the applicants must be at or below 80% of the area median income, adjusted by household size.


  • Must be members of CTSI.
  • Must be a first time homebuyer.
  • Forgivable grants offered up to $15,000.

Buying your first home can be overwhelming. Let us help!  We are committed to finding you any grant monies or assistance programs available to you.  Our buyer agent services are FREE!  Please contact us for more information.  We have assisted hundreds of first time home buyers and look forward to the opportunity to assist you!

Find Out What Mortgages You Might Qualify For

Your Credit and Income
Other Details

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.